Yassan Ichiza’s traditional but freshMM Kamishibai
*We will restart the performance with the measures to prevent infection and spread of the virus.
- One performance lasts about 30 minutes.
- We have sometime between performances, you can watch an apprentice Kamishibai artist test his or her skills.
- As there may be changes or cancellations, please confirm the performance time beforehand.
>>You can find out about the schedule here
Program of Kamishibai Performances
- Golden Bat
- Four Panel Kamishibai
- Kamishibai Without Words
- MM Original Kamishibai
Profiles of the Members of “Yassan Ichiza”, our Kamishibai Group
- Danmaru He grew up watching Yassan perform Kamishibai. Danmaru draws pictures with a free heart, and has a special dream. That dream is to build a log house or tree house in the mountains and construct a "Country of Dreams" for children. That's how he chose this path, the path of a Kamishibai artist. Alright, it's time for a Kamishibai performance by Danmaru! C'mon!
- Rakkyomu In 2004, while active as a Kamishibai artist, he entered an agricultural training program in Mie Prefecture. In the fields and paddies there, he came to understand the formless yet tangible power of "life." He wanted to convey that through words, and realized that Kamishibai could enable him to do that. In 2005, he met Yassan and became his apprentice. He debuted in early January of 2006. From then on, Rakkyomu, along with Chaka Maru, has been in charge of commissioned performances from Kawanishi City in Hyogo Prefecture and Wakayama City in Wakayama Prefecture. Since May 2007, while performing periodically at our museum, he has been doing farmwork. He wants to perform Kamishibai that focus on agriculture.
>>Performance schedule is here